Let’s cut to the chase.
The answer is…
No. You don’t need to buy a separate eye cream.
You do need to take good care of the delicate skin around your eyes.
This is one of the first places to show signs of aging.
The skin here is thinner and more sensitive – prone to fine lines and wrinkles, dark circles and under eye bags.
But a good face moisturizer can address all these just as effectively, if not more so, than an eye cream.
And our Hydrating Daily Moisturizer is the best anti aging face moisturizer out there - and perfect for the delicate eye area!
Let’s show you how to keep your eyes looking young, handsome and sparkling …
At Otis we believe in a streamlined approach to skin care - focusing on the skincare products you really need.
Making it much better for your skin, your wallet and the environment!
And with that in mind, we don’t believe you need to buy a separate eye cream.
Our Hydrating Daily Moisturizer does an excellent job of keeping your eyes looking young..
It hydrates and softens the skin and diminishes the look of any lines and wrinkles. And with anti aging peptides and antioxidants it firms your skin, improves circulation, and protects the delicate under eye skin from free radical damage.
But first let's talk about why your eye area needs extra care.
Wrinkles, dark circles, and under eye bags
The skin around your eyes is thinner and more delicate than the skin on the rest of your face.
The eye area has virtually no oil glands, so this area is prone to dryness and irritation.
Couple this with blinking, squinting and the constant movement of the eyes, and you can see why lines and wrinkles show up here first.
Having thin skin around the eyes also means this area comes with specific problems like:
- Dark Circles – Tiny blood vessels can be seen through the delicate under eye skin and as a result dark circles appear.
- Under Eye Bags - Fluid can collect under your eyes causing puffiness and eye bags.
- How to Get Rid of DARK CIRCLES Under Your Eyes: 7 Targeted Skin Care Tips
- How to Shrink Under Eye Bags ... and look like you've slept eight hours
But this doesn’t mean you need a different product around your eyes.
You can combat all these things really well with a good anti aging face moisturizer.
The Truth About Eye Creams
Eye creams are easy to recognise. They come in smaller sizes… and with a much higher price tag!
Brands claim they’ve been formulated ‘specially’ for the delicate, sensitive skin around the eyes, but…
Eye creams have no special ingredients that aren’t already in a good anti aging moisturizer
In general, their formulas are almost identical to a good face moisturizer: the same moisturizing ingredients, the same antioxidants, the same firming ingredients.
Eye creams can be too thick and heavy
This makes it harder for them to be absorbed. Requiring excessive rubbing and pulling on the delicate skin. This alone can cause wrinkles!
They can cause irritation
Because the skin around your eyes is thinner than the skin on the rest of your face, it gets irritated more easily.
And yet many eye creams contain irritants - like heavy fragrance, alcohol and essential oils – that can be irritating for the delicate skin of your eyes.
What you actually need in an eye moisturizer
The best line of defence is to use an anti aging face moisturizer on this delicate area every day instead. One that will make your skin cells healthier, smooth out wrinkles and firm the skin, as well as restore the skin barrier.
Our Hydrating Daily Moisturizer is incredibly light - yet mega-hydrating - and packed with the best anti aging ingredients:
Ingredients that lock in moisture:
- Hyaluronic Acid – one of the best, and lightest, hydrating ingredients. Hyaluronic Acid continues improving the moisture level of your skin all day long as well as encouraging skin cell renewal.
- Glycerin – a humectant that attracts moisture from the air and draws it into your skin. Glycerin maintains hydration, protects your skin barrier and prevents irritation.
- Peptides to stimulate collagen – Anti aging peptides boost collagen production to smooth fine lines and wrinkles, improve elasticity and firm the skin around your eyes.
- Antioxidants - to protect the delicate under eye skin from free radical damage that causes signs of aging to appear.
- A light texture – this means it’s easily absorbed without rubbing. Important in this delicate area. You don’t want any pulling, dragging or rubbing at the skin.
Hydrating Daily Moisturizer contains moisturising, firming and skin-repairing ingredients and antioxidants to take extra good care of your eye area.
Why It Works
✔️ FOR SMOOTHING FINE LINES AND WRINKLES
✔️ FOR DARK CIRCLES
Antioxidants help to even and brighten skin tone - and protect against free radical damage.
✔️ FOR PUFFINESS
You can expect fantastic results against multiple signs of skin aging around your eyes.
Hydrating Daily Moisturizer is super lightweight and absorbs quickly!
And like all our products it’s specially designed for a man's skin.
Hydrating Daily Moisturizer is dermatologist tested, hypoallergenic, non-irritating and suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin.
And it’s made in France - so it has undergone and passed the rigorous European Cosmetic Regulations.
Plus it’s cruelty free. We never test on animals.
How to apply moisturizer around your eyes:
- Apply one pump of moisturizer to your fingertips.
- Then tap the moisturizer gently along your cheekbones and around your eye socket using your ring finger.
- This will hydrate and help to prevent dark circles and puffiness - smoothing and nourishing the whole eye area.
Can I use moisturizer instead of an eye cream?
A good face moisturizer can hydrate the delicate skin around your eyes as effectively, if not more so, than an eye cream.
How is the skin around your eyes different from the rest of your face?
The skin in the eye area is:
- Thinner: The eyelids and under-eye area have much thinner skin than the rest of your face. This makes it very sensitive, and easy to irritate. Tiny blood vessels can be seen through the delicate under eye skin and as a result dark circles appear.
- Drier: There are no oil glands in the eye area. Without oil to moisturise it, the skin around your eyes is prone to dryness.
- The first to show signs of aging: Constant movement in the eye area - blinking, facial expressions and squinting – along with the dryness mean that wrinkles form here earlier than the rest of your face.
- More sensitive: Because the skin is thinner here and more delicate it tends to be more reactive, and irritates easily.
- Gets puffy: The thinner skin means that fluid retention is more prominent showing up as puffiness and under-eye bags.
Which finger should I use to apply eye cream?
It’s best to use your ring finger. It will apply the gentlest pressure and won’t drag the skin.
What should I look for in a face moisturizer that is good for the eye area?
Firstly look for a face moisturizer that is light in texture.
Then look for one that includes the following:
- Anti aging peptides – to stimulate collagen to firm and smooth the skin
- Moisturizing ingredients – like Hyaluronic Acid and Glycerin - to deeply hydrate
- Anti-oxidants – to protect and repair environmental damage
The eye area has virtually no oil glands and is the first to show signs of aging.
So it’s essential to keep the skin here well hydrated.
But you don’t need to buy a separate eye cream.
The best solution: Our Hydrating Daily Moisturizer is perfect for the delicate eye area.
It will hydrate and soften the skin and diminish the look of any wrinkles. And with anti aging peptides it improves circulation, stimulates collagen and protects the delicate under eye skin from free radical damage.
SHOP THE ROUTINE.
All you need to stay looking handsome.