Exfoliation is one of the best things you can do for your skin (especially if you shave).
It removes dead skin cells, accelerates cell renewal and stimulates your skin’s natural repair mechanism – instantly improving the look (and feel) of your skin.
- Your face feels smoother
- your skin tone is brighter and more even
- your pores appear smaller
- it helps get rid of blackheads
- there’s less chance of ingrown hairs
And it allows your moisturizer to absorb easily, keeping your post-shave skin well hydrated
But for men, exfoliation becomes more complicated when you have to factor shaving into the equation!
Keep scrolling for some quick advice on how to exfoliate when you have to shave too.
Do you exfoliate before or after shaving?
You should definitely exfoliate before you shave.
And here’s why…
Removing the dead skin cells beforehand means you can shave with less pressure, so there's less chance of irritation – and you can avoid ingrown hairs and razor bumps.
We've got 9 tips on how you can achieve a perfect, pain-free shave in our article here - and gentle exfoliation beforehand is one of them!
But gentleness is the key!
What’s the best way to exfoliate my face if I shave?
Shaving already provides quite a rigorous mechanical exfoliation of your face in the area of your beard, so using a rough facial scrub before you shave will cause more irritation than is necessary.
The best option is to use a gentle exfoliating face wash all over your face.
This will give your entire face the benefit of exfoliation but without over-sensitising the beard area prior to shaving.
Our exfoliating Daily Face Wash includes a mild Alpha Hydroxy Acid (Lactic Acid) which does an excellent job of ‘ungluing’ and dissolving the dead skin cells – rather than rubbing them away like a scrub would.
So it doesn’t make your beard area dry or sensitised.
What Daily Face Wash delivers
- Your skin looks smoother, clearer and brighter
- Your face feels fresh and clean – with no dryness or tightness
- Blemishes and pores appear smaller
- It helps to get rid of blackheads
- And reduces the chance of ingrown hairs
- With no need to use an additional rough facial scrub that can damage your skin
And using Daily Face Wash allows for better absorption of your moisturizer too, keeping your skin well hydrated.
Why our Face Wash is so special
- Formulated with Lactic Acid (a mild AHA) to dissolve away dead skin cells and brighten even the most sensitive skin
- Includes hydrating Glycerin and soothing Aloe Vera to protect your skin’s delicate balance of moisture so there’s no tight, dry feeling.
- It does a really thorough job of washing away dirt and oil.
- And stimulates cell renewal and unclogs pores
Suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin and acne-prone skin.
Good to know: Cruelty free. We never test on animals.
All of our products have undergone and passed the rigorous European Cosmetic Regulations.
Daily Face Wash is part of our high-performance skincare routine for men.
SHOP THE ROUTINE.
All you need to stay looking handsome.